Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rise & Shine! Day 2: Make Your Bed!

Credit: Ralph Lauren

I am doing white sheets with my comforter. This is way too much blue!
Josh and I bought the Oxford Stripe Comforter for the new house. It was the only pattern that we could both agree on. I heart these monogrammed shams but I am not paying $49.00 for one! credit: Ralph Lauren

 I love Ralph Lauren Bedding. I love going to nice department stores and looking at the RL bedding displays. A pretty bed makes me happy. Even with my love of bedding, I usually don't make my bed! I struggle to just get up and out the door on time. Making my bed on a more consistent level is something I want to work into my morning routine.
Making my bed doesn't have to mean hospital corners and perfectly pulled up sheets. Even just picking the pillows off the floor and throwing them at the head of my bed would be an improvement.

Gretchen Rubin from the Happiness Project  believes that making your bed can lead to a better day by giving you a sense of accomplishment first thing in the morning. It's an interesting read.

When I was clicking around some blogs this morning I found that someone else was talking about better mornings: Check out Remodeling This Life for some more thoughts on better mornings. I liked reading the comments and seeing that I wasn't the only person who doesn't like to get up!

How often to do you make your bed?


5 comments:

  1. I make my bed every day, but I am desperate need of a new comforter. After 3 years, we are still putting our Queensize comforter on our Kingsize bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog for the Expresso maker giveaway. And in answer to your question. Yes, I do use my machine every day. I have an expresso for breakfast and a cappuccino every afternoon!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. get redirected here his response visit their website linked here you can check here Dolabuy Dior

    ReplyDelete