Thursday, October 14, 2010

House Tour: VT's The Grove

When I was looking through my pictures on my computer, I found the pictures from when Janice and I toured the Grove on employee appreciation day. The Grove is the official residence of Virginia Tech's president. It was built in 1902. It has 3 floors and 15,147 square feet. Here's a few pictures from our tour.

Image credit: Virginia Tech website
The wallpaper is hand painted. Love the light fixture.

One of the guest rooms. The house is currently used by high profile guests of the university.


Me on the pot!



2nd floor column detail

My friend Janice and me on the second floor porch.


The white Viking stove of my dreams. My dream house will have this!

Looking into the kitchen. The guy in the middle is the house manager and our tour guide.



Paneled subzero fridge. Awesome!
China closet

butler pantry



Silver set out for our snack!

Silver tea service on the sideboard.

The spread!

Janice waiting her turn in line for the snacks!

We had a great time on the tour. I don't know if we'll ever be back as invited guests or not!


2 comments:

  1. It's great to see these pictures again. You know, without me saying it, which one is my favorite!

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice fridge and picture of you on the toilet!

    ReplyDelete